I read a book that says that love only gets old if you let it.
I can’t remember when we stopped writing love letters and started crying under the sheets.
I can’t remember when we stopped watering our roots. I can’t remember when we started competing for the light. Whenever someone asks about you, I can only say we outgrew each other.
I believe that’s the truth.
Maybe we just got tired.
Whenever I am lost at sea,
I tilt my head back, stare at the stars and let go of the salt in my tears.
Like an offering of my utmost gratitude
for the way the waves never seems to stop rocking me back to sleep.
You couldn’t be the one – the one to love her.
She dazzled you, but your eyes could never get used to the light. So you remained clothed in shadows, and you ignored the hand that reached for you.
You ignored your own heart.
And that is why you couldn’t be the one.
She wasn’t just the moon; she was the whole sky, but you couldn’t see beyond the stratosphere.
Your souls loved each other as much as any two souls could possibly love –
bu you couldn’t be the one.
– her (via Lang Leav)
- Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. It is not a stroke of luck.
- Be patient and learn to forgive yourself. Some people will never forgive you, but as long as you forgive yourself, it is enough. You are enough.
- It begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to has power over you.
- Confidence and insecurities can change your life, make your choice.
- Nothing in nature blooms all year round so do not expect yourself to do so.
- It is never too late to be whoever you want to be. Live a life that you will be proud of. If you don’t, find the strength to start over.
- It is okay to not know what you want yet, do not feel the need to rush to the next big thing. What you are experiencing at the moment is what you need in the future.
- Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation.
- The timing in which people enter your life is very important.
- Love when you are ready, not when you are lonely. The right attention from the wrong individual during a lonely time can fool you into thinking they might be the one.
- You should not make any one person your world. The trick is to take what each can give you and build a world from it.
- Yes, it still bothers me but I will get over it slowly but surely.
- Make peace with the past. Do not let it haunt you as it can’t be changed. It is important to always visit memory lane but never live there. Your life is what is here now.
- If you need help, seek it before it is too late. Sometimes, we do need a helping hand.
- No one should ever live in an environment of fear, violence and suffering.
- Sharing our stories is an important part of healing (that is often overshadowed by our fear, shame and pain).
- Love yourself, for you only have yourself at the end of the day. Be proud of who you are and whatever you stand for.
I like living. It is true that sometimes I have been wildly, despairingly, miserably racked with sorrow. But through it all, I certainly still know that being alive is a grand thing.
My happy little pill
Take me away
Dry my eyes
Bring colour to my skies
My sweet little pill
Tame my hunger
Numb my skin
– her (via Troye)
You never had to steal my breath or take it away.
Somehow, you have always managed to
convince me to hand it over freely.
Your naked body;
must only belong to those
who fall in love with
your naked soul.
If I die tonight,
I think I would like to come back
as your morning coffee.
Just as strong and
just as necessary.
People I have loved in my life have never been easy to love.
I am not used to normal.
I am used to disaster.
I always wonder if you would get upset if I died.
This is how much you fucked me up.