- Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. It is not a stroke of luck.
- Be patient and learn to forgive yourself. Some people will never forgive you, but as long as you forgive yourself, it is enough. You are enough.
- It begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to has power over you.
- Confidence and insecurities can change your life, make your choice.
- Nothing in nature blooms all year round so do not expect yourself to do so.
- It is never too late to be whoever you want to be. Live a life that you will be proud of. If you don’t, find the strength to start over.
- It is okay to not know what you want yet, do not feel the need to rush to the next big thing. What you are experiencing at the moment is what you need in the future.
- Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation.
- The timing in which people enter your life is very important.
- Love when you are ready, not when you are lonely. The right attention from the wrong individual during a lonely time can fool you into thinking they might be the one.
- You should not make any one person your world. The trick is to take what each can give you and build a world from it.
- Yes, it still bothers me but I will get over it slowly but surely.
- Make peace with the past. Do not let it haunt you as it can’t be changed. It is important to always visit memory lane but never live there. Your life is what is here now.
- If you need help, seek it before it is too late. Sometimes, we do need a helping hand.
- No one should ever live in an environment of fear, violence and suffering.
- Sharing our stories is an important part of healing (that is often overshadowed by our fear, shame and pain).
- Love yourself, for you only have yourself at the end of the day. Be proud of who you are and whatever you stand for.
I like living. It is true that sometimes I have been wildly, despairingly, miserably racked with sorrow. But through it all, I certainly still know that being alive is a grand thing.